Covering Baselworld 2010
Baselworld 2010 is almost here- less than a week to go until we get to see the new TAG Heuer models for 2010 and hear about the events planned for the 150th anniversary.
All of the stories from Baselworld will be posted here.
If you’ve followed Calibre 11, you’ll already know about some of the releases we’ll see next week:
- TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 1887
- TAG Heuer Pendulum movement
- TAG Heuer Silverstone re-edition
- TAG Heuer Lady F1 Ceramic
- Partnership with Tesla
Calibre 11 will be there in Basel to keep you up to date with all the events. Some of the stories planned include:
- Review of every new model
- Interviews with Jean-Christophe Babin and Jack Heuer
- Detailed review of the Calibre 1887 movement, including a visit to the factory
- Up close and personal with the Tesla Roadster: Will TAG Heuer trust me to take the wheel?
- Coverage of 150th anniversary party- expect the quality of coverage to deteriorate as the night progresses
But next week is not just about reports and photos from Basel- it’s about your reaction to the new watches and addressing the questions that you want answered.
The interviews will be conducted in partnership with two leading TAG Heuer/ Heuer websites- The Jean-Christophe Babin interview with watchuseek (thanks to Ernie, Jim and Enrico) and the Jack Heuer interview with OnTheDash (thanks to Jeff)- but of course, questions are welcome from everyone and I will do my best to get them answered.
The interviews will take place after the new watches are released, so make sure you let me know what you think of the new models so that I can pass on your reaction.
If you have questions for either Jean-Christophe Babin or Jack Heuer, please post them in the comments section below, or send them to me by e-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org
So what is the best way to keep up to date with the Basel news?
- All of the reports and photos will be here at the Calibre 11 homepage- you can subscribe to updates to get the latest posts e-mail directly
- Follow Calibre 11 on Twitter for breaking news
- Shorter articles and links will be posted on the Calibre 11 Facebook page– become a fan today. If you don’t have a Facebook page, you can click the Facebook tab at the top of the Calibre 11 homepage.
And of course, Calibre 11 is not the only way to follow the Baselworld news- and there are many great websites that will cover far more than just TAG Heuer. Our friends at Perpetuelle, Hodinkee, Relojes Especiales and Monochrome will all be there- make sure you check our their websites as well.
For anyone who is visiting Basel, please drop me a e-mail and it would be great to meet up in person.